Sunday, February 12, 2012

hard to be a working mommy

For the last few weeks every time I put Johners to bed he asks me if I get to stay home tomorrow. Unfortunately I have to tell him, no mommy has to go to work tomorrow. Then I hear his little voice go, "awwwww, how many days until you get to be home and have a day off again?" I have to then re-explain how the work week goes. This past weekend, I had woken up with Izzie early and had put her in the bath. When Johnners woke up he came in and saw us in the bathroom. He looked at me and said, "hey! Do you get to stay home today?" I said, "YEP! I'm home all day!!" He then looked perplexed and said, "oh, so does daddy have to go to work then?" I : said, "Nope! He's going to be home all day too!!" His reply?  "aw man! This day is going to be AWESOME!"  That was probably one of the best conversations I'll ever have with my little guy. It was priceless and will stick with me for the rest of my life. He is such a precious precious little boy. What a blessing he has been to my life. I am so grateful and fortunate to be his mommy!  
I struggle all the time with the fact that because I am a working mommy, I miss all of this precious and such impressionable time with my babies. It's HARD!!  I love coming in the door and having my kids run to greet me with smiles on their faces and hugs all around. But I'd rather have that every morning and all day rain or shine.  Yes, sometimes they are stinkers, and sometimes they jerk my chain. But they are children, and they are pieces of my heart walking, laughing, living, and amazing. 
I realize there are quite a few SAHM's that might have different words of advise for me on this subject. I know its the hardest job in the world, I just wish I could call it my full time job too.
For now, I do the best I can do with the time that I have. I snuggle, tickle, hug, laugh with, and love them to pieces. And every night we'll count down the days until mommy is home and  we get to spend the WHOLE day together again. My sweet little peanuts - mommy loves you :)

No comments: